Thank you for your interest in working for the School District of Athens.
To review open positions and apply for them, please go to the WECAN online application system here.
If positions are not on the WECAN site, please contact the district office.
Current Employment Opportunities
- TEACHING VACANCY-ELEMENTARY TEACHER (Grade 1)
- Employer: School District of Athens
Location: Athens, WI
- Description: Elementary Education - The School District of Athens is seeking a WI DPI licensed teacher in elementary education
- Interested candidates must have a strong desire, commitment, and ability to utilize standards based instruction, communicate effectively with colleagues, differentiate instruction based on student needs, motivate and engage all learners, maintain positive classroom management, utilize data and RtI instruction for student achievement, participate in professional development, demonstrate professionalism and confidentiality, and contribute to the vision of the school district by working with students and the community beyond the traditional academic day. Coaching opportunities available.
- Required application materials:
- Letter of interest
-Copy of teaching license
- (3) three letters of recommendation
- License: Elementary (1088, 1083) / Regular Education (1777)
Requirements: Degree: Bachelors Experience: 0 Years
Salary: Dependent Upon Qualifications and/or Experiences
- Begin Date: August 2017
Contact: Joy Redmann, Athens Elementary Principal
School District of Athens
209 N Schlegel Street
Athens, WI 54411
- Marathon County Special Education is seeking a full time Cross-Categorical middle school teacher starting Fall 2017 for the Athens School District.
Requires valid teacher certification, Bachelor's Degree or higher from an accredited college or university. Successful teaching or student teaching experience.
Wisconsin DPI License #1801 required.
Thank you for your interest in the Athens School District under the direction of Marathon County Special Education.
Dr. Kelly Kapitz
Marathon County Special Education
- TEACHING VACANCY- MS/HS BIT TEACHER
Teaching business & information technology classes to high and middle school students. Classes offered will be Information & Technology Literacy (ITL9), Information Processing, Computer Applications I & II, Accounting, Life Skills & Employment, and Business Marketing. At the middle school level, coursework will be offered to grades 6, 7, and 8. This teacher also serves as advisor for FBLA and the Yearbook. The Accounting & Business/Marketing classes are also taught on the distance learning (CWETN) network.
We will consider applicants who are secondary certified (6-12) in business education, #250. We are looking for a teacher who will expand the vision of the department into the 21st century. We are a Google Apps for Education school with 1:1 Chromebook technology PK-12. Have access to Microsoft 365 for the Office Suite of products.
Additional certifications welcomed. Coaching opportunities available.
Candidates are invited to submit a cover letter, letters of recommendation, copies of transcripts, a copy of DPI license, and resume. Candidates may apply electronically on WECAN or email@example.com; please include all necessary requests. Deadline for applications is Friday, March 31, 2017.
Ms. Juli Gauerke
School District of Athens
715-257-7511 ext. 103
- HEAD GIRLS VOLLEYBALL COACH
- Athens High School is posting for a Head Girls Volleyball Coach for the 2017-2018 school year. We are seeking an experienced, proven leader with the desire to make an immediate impact on the lives of our young women, focusing on relationships, and the fundamentals of the game. A qualified candidate would have knowledge in the sport of volleyball and in the art of coaching high school age students.
- Additional skills would include the ability to work collaboratively with the coaching staff, parents, and administrative staff to provide the best possible experience for our student-athletes. If you have any questions regarding this position, please call Craig A. Diedrich, Athletic Director, at (715) 257-7511 (ext. 131) or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applicants may submit a paper copy letter of interest, resume, coaching experiences and references to: Mr. Craig A. Diedrich, Athletic Director at Athens High School, 601 W Limits Rd, Athens, WI 54411 or apply online via WECAN at https://wecan.education.wisc.edu/#/
As part of your WECAN application, please provide the online cover letter and attach your resume.
- Application deadline: March 24, 2017 or until filled
- SUBSTITUTE TEACHERS NEEDED.
- Any adult with a four-year bachelor's degree with interest in becoming a substitute teacher for the School District of Athens may seek training at CESA 9 in Tomahawk. If interested, please contact Cheryl Strunk at 715-257-7511 ext 102. You may apply with the District for training sponsorship by providing a letter of interest and a resume to the District Office, 601 W Limits Rd, Athens, WI 54411